When it comes to beautifying your home, it can seem like a daunting task. Luckily, you don’t have to spend a lot of money or undergo a time-consuming renovation to redo your space. These five low-maintenance home improvement projects will make a big difference in the overall look of your room and have people raving about the space!
- Paint a Little. You don’t have to repaint your entire room in order to see a difference. Over time, moldings, ceilings and doors fall victim to dust, yellowing, scuffs, spots and stains. Freshen up your space by repainting these areas as well as any areas on your walls that need some retouching.
- Try Wall Trims. If you don’t have them already, wall trims are a simple way to instantly add style to any room. The best part is crown moldings, door casings, and baseboards are easy to install.
- Make Some Updates. Aged light fixtures, faucets and knobs can really drag your space back a few decades. Invest in some more modern options to bring your room back to life. Don’t forget to upgrade your light switch plates too!
- Lay a Rug. An area rug can really enhance and add character to your space. Consider using an area rug as a focal point, a color accent, or a piece to tie the room together. Not only does a rug look nice, but it feels nice too.
- Stain Your Wood. Staining your wood furniture, railings, stairs, wall trim or even ceiling fan a darker color can add some sophistication to your room. This project might take a few days until the stain has properly dried, but the wait is well worth it.
In five easy and simple ways, you can drastically improve the look of your home. To make sure your newly transformed space is looking its best, keep it free of clutter and unnecessary items by contacting the storage professionals at Secure Self Storage. They’ll help you find the perfect place for all your things today!