If you count yourself among the lucky “nutmeggers” who live in Norwalk, CT, you may already know all the great things that make your hometown special. But if you’re new to town or have simply been missing out, take a look at all the things Norwalk has to offer.
- Life’s a beach! Norwalk’s beaches attract locals and out-of-towners alike. Calf Pasture is the best known and features 35 acres on Long Island Sound, complete with fishing piers, sports recreational areas, playgrounds, places to eat and a skate park. And if you fall in love with the picturesque setting, you can get married there! Those looking for a more intimate, quiet day can find it at Bayley Beach in Rowayton, CT.
- NYC is your neighbor. Conveniently enjoy the culture, night life, and vibrant atmosphere of New York City without having to live in a studio apartment for $2,000 a month! Express trains leave from Norwalk to New York City on the hour, making it the ideal plan for a night on the town.
- Heaven for seafood savants. As an added bonus of living on the coastline, good seafood is always in abundance in Norwalk. Oyster fans can enjoy the annual Norwalk Oyster Festival the weekend after Labor Day. The three-day festival features excellent seafood, vendors, carnival rides, and entertainment, and normally attracts more than 90,000 people!
- A booming job market. According to BestPlaces.net, future job growth over the next 10 years is predicted to be more than 32%. Norwalk was also rated as a top 10% and 11% city for well-paid single men and women, respectively.
- There’s always something to do. Mad for microbrews? Attend Connecticut’s 20th annual Craft Brew Fest. Want to liven up your grocery shopping? Stew Leonard’s features a petting zoo with farm animals—and fake ones that sing and dance. Are you an art lover? The SoNo Arts Celebration, held in mid-summer, showcases Norwalk’s vibrant art scene.
And if you find that your investment in art leaves you short on space, you can always find more of it by moving any unused (or less exciting) items in your home into storage. Secure Self Storage’s brand-new Norwalk facility offers 24/7 security, climate-controlled units, and the best customer service. Contact Secure Self Storage’s Norwalk location for the latest special on mini storage.