Get the Most from Your Storage Unit with These Space-Saving Tips
Carefully manage your storage space and get an even bigger value out of your unit rental dollar. Even the smallest units at Secure Self Storage can fit a large number of items if you pack them carefully. These tips are a great way to start:
- Make sure to store frequently used items near the front of your unit.
- When trying to make the most out of available space, remember to think vertically and stack your things.
- Always put light items on the top of a stack.
- Use small boxes for heavy items. Overloading big boxes with heavy objects can result in a back injury.
- Put labels on boxes to save time and stress later.
- Invest in a quality padlock for an extra layer of security. Secure Self Storage sells padlocks on site for your convenience.
- If furniture can be disassembled, do so. You will end up saving a large amount of space this way. (Just remember to mark the pieces for easy reassembly.)
- Create a center aisle so that it is easy to get through your unit and access all of your items.
- Wrap select items, such as furniture, in plastic wrap to ensure they stay dust free.
Ready to get started? Don’t wait: Sign up with us now, and we’ll give you a free month of storage! Find a location near you and call or come in.