Move Your Stuff, Remove the Stress
Moving and storing your belongings doesn’t have to be a hassle. We’ve compiled this list of simple solutions to help alleviate common moving problems.
- Dedicate some time to planning your move in advance and create a list of items you need to move into your unit. Share that list with one of Secure Self Storage’s experienced professionals and they’ll be glad to help you get started.
- Reinforce heavy boxes with packing tape (boxes and tape are both sold at Secure Self Storage facilities!) to mitigate the chances of a mid-move disaster.
- Save time and your physical wellbeing by using the dollies that each Secure Self Storage facility offers—free of charge—to move your items.
- Stack items carefully to maximize the space in your vehicle during the move. Keep the fragile stuff in an easy-to-reach place and make sure that, in the event that they fall, it’s not from a tall height.
- Label your boxes so you know which ones are heavy and which ones have fragile contents.
- If and when you disassemble furniture for the move, mark or number each piece, so you have an easier time reassembling when the time comes.
- Purchase some wardrobe boxes—sold on-site at Secure Self Storage facilities—to move clothes efficiently and keep them wrinkle-free.
- Always pack fragile items—such as dishes, antiques, and glassware—with extra packing paper.
Ready to get started? Find the nearest Secure Self Storage location to begin.