Move Your Stuff, Remove the Stress
Moving and storing your belongings doesn’t have to be a hassle. We’ve compiled this list of simple solutions to help alleviate common moving problems.
Plan Your Move
- Dedicate some time to planning your move in advance and create a list of items you need to move into your unit. Share that list with one of Secure Self Storage’s experienced professionals and they’ll be glad to help you get started.
Use Packing Tape
- Reinforce heavy boxes with packing tape (boxes and tape are both sold at Secure Self Storage facilities!) to mitigate the chances of a mid-move disaster.
Use a Moving Dolly
- Save time and your physical wellbeing by using the dollies that each Secure Self Storage facility offers—free of charge—to move your items.
Pack Your Car Strategically
- Stack items carefully to maximize the space in your vehicle during the move. Keep the fragile stuff in an easy-to-reach place and make sure that, in the event that they fall, it’s not from a tall height.
- Label your boxes so you know which ones are heavy and which ones have fragile contents.
Mark Furniture for Easy Assembly
- If and when you disassemble furniture for the move, mark or number each piece, so you have an easier time reassembling when the time comes.
Use Wardrobe Boxes
- Purchase some wardrobe boxes—sold on-site at Secure Self Storage facilities—to move clothes efficiently and keep them wrinkle-free.
Be Careful with Fragile Items
- Always pack fragile items—such as dishes, antiques, and glassware—with extra packing paper.
Ready to get started? Find the nearest Secure Self Storage location to begin.