Move Your Stuff—and Remove the Hassles
Moving and storing your items doesn’t have to be a hassle. Secure Self Storage can help. Your source for simple solutions to common moving problems—such as finding a truck (it’s free here) or the right packing supplies (they’re sold on site)—we also offer this easy-to-follow guide to a pain-free move.
- Plan ahead to make your moving experience less stressful. Take your list of items to one of our facilities and one of our experienced professionals will help you get started.
- Always reinforce heavy boxes with tape to avoid a mid-move disaster.
- Protect yourself from injury and save time and energy by using dollies and pallets. (Each Secure Self Storage facility offers free dollies for your convenience.)
- Stack items carefully to maximize the space in your moving truck. Put fragile items at an easy-to-reach height and keep them safe from a fall.
- Label boxes carefully. Don’t forget to mark boxes with fragile items.
- When disassembling furniture, make sure to mark or number each piece for easier reassembly.
- Use Secure Self Storage wardrobe boxes to move clothes quickly and keep them wrinkle free. (They’re sold on site.)
- Don’t risk it. Always pack your fragile items with extra packing paper. This includes items such as dishes, delicate antiques and glassware.