After a long winter in Ithaca, it’s finally time to get ready for spring. With so much to do here, there’s no reason to be bored. Take advantage of what’s in your own backyard and see what Ithaca has to offer. Get started with these five things to do in Ithaca once the warm weather arrives!
- Go to School. Thanks to the local universities, Ithaca has access to great entertainment in their art, sports, and academic programs. At Cornell University, take a walk through the Johnson Museum of Art or the Cornell Botanic Gardens. You can also catch a performance at Cornell’s Schwartz Center for Performing Arts or a show put on by the Ithaca College Theatre Arts Program. Get in the spirit by cheering on the home team at any one of the Ithaca College or Cornell sports games.
- Explore the Waterfalls. Part of what makes Ithaca’s landscape so beautiful and unique are the 100+ waterfalls and gorges that flow through the region. At Buttermilk Falls State Park, you can hike waterfall spotted trails and even swim in natural pools at the base of a fall. If you enjoy camping, the park also includes campsites and picnic areas. The next weekend, head to Taughannock Falls State Park to see the tallest single-drop waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains! You can visit the marina, go for a swim in Cayuga Lake, or hike the trails.
- Take a Trip Downtown. Support small local businesses by shopping the boutiques and independent stores or grab a bite to eat at one of downtown Ithaca’s many restaurants. Not only does the area host hundreds of shopping, dining, and entertainment options, it’s also home to fun events every month.
- Be Adventurous. If you’re looking for a thrill, take a ride on a colorful hot air balloon and see Ithaca from a whole new vantage point. Get an amazing view of the Finger Lakes Region and an experience you’ll never forget!
- Wine Trail. Visit one of the many wineries that make up the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, one of the oldest wine trails in America. Attend a hosted event, book a package, or enjoy a spontaneous trip. Along the trail, there are a variety of opportunities to stop, shop, get a bite to eat, and enjoy the scenic views.
It’s time to pack away your winter jacket, snow blower, and other winter essentials—welcome in spring with these fun activities! Need a safe place to store your cold weather belongings for the season? Contact the storage professionals at Ithaca’s Secure Self Storage facility today.